Sunday, September 30, 2018

Five years

It's been five years since I have last posted. I've become a yoga teacher. I integrate Christian faith and spirituality into my yoga practice. I've been teaching yoga in a church setting since 2014. This year I've been helping a new church start. Good Samaritan Lutheran Ministry is a missions congregation in Clarkston, GA, which serves refugee families. Most of our members are refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Our services are in Swahili, English and French. Before worship services, I teach an English for Worship, which reinforces English as a second language while learning biblical texts in both English and Swahili. Along the way, I've been learning Swahili myself. Our Monday night yoga class, 7PM, has moved to WellRefugee Center in Clarkston. Here we are able to welcome more refugees to our community yoga practice. Both teaching yoga and ministry at Good Samaritan have given me ample opportunity to reflect on scripture in community and work toward a more embodied spirituality. Perhaps it is time for me to start sharing this journey here. With God's help, I'll resume posting to this blog site. Feel free to ask me anything. Blessings all, James

No comments: